Saturday, March 7

Reality is starting to sink in....

So I think the fact that this new life he chose stinks is starting to sink in. He wanted me to drop the kids off tomorrow at nine AM and then pick them up sometime in the evening. But we don't have any sort of custody agreement set up, so many people who are more experienced in this sort of thing and much wiser, have all advised me that to do so would be very, very foolish. Apparently when there is no custody agreement in place, possesion is 10 10ths of the law. So if I drop my kids off, there is a chance that I can't pick them up again. And my chances for getting custody if he's the primary caregiver decreases greatly. So I had to feel like the biggest bitch in the world and tell him that I was not going to drop off the kids. I tried my best to compromise and I told him that he could come to the house and play with the kids all day if he wanted. He freaked out over the phone and yelled something about me not keeping him from his kids, and then he hung up. I was seriously not trying to screw him. But the whole thing made me and my parents both very nervous. So they asked me to come up and visit. So I'm up in Grimsby for a few days, I've set up my phone for call forwarding to their number and I'm going to go to a lawyers on monday. However, in an odd, niggling suspision, he hasn't called yet to see about setting up a time. Maybe it isn't paranoia when you're right......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When he has calmed down just explain to him that this is all confusing enough to the kids with out adding in another address. He can spend as much time with them as he wishes at their home. I think that is a great idea-one thing I didn't do and my son saw a lot of things he was entirely to young to see because I didn't have any control outside of my own walls.

I know you are scared, but THIS post proves that you are a strong and smart woman who may not like where she is right now, but is totally dealing with it!

Great Job Girl!

Blog History